Brenda Thompson a registered dietician provides some information about why it is important to be at a healthy weight and at what rate should you lose weight.
A large proportion of the population is obese. Obesity is a concern due to the chances of developing secondary lifelong complications such as type 2 diabetes, hart disease depression, high blood pressure, sleep apnea and some cancers.
Having and maintaining a healthy weight reduces the risk of getting these complications. There is a lot of money, billions of dollars in fact, that is spent in health care costs spent each year because of obesity and overweight complications.
The goal in losing weight is to have a rate of loss of 1 – 2 pounds per week. This is a rate of weight loss that will allow you to be healthy and to keep the weight off. Maintaining a good diet, exercise and drinking lots of water are the cornerstones of any weight loss diet plan.
People that are losing more than 2 pounds a week are, on average, losing water and muscle. So the aim is to lose an average of 2 pounds a week as this is considered to be a normal, and healthy rate of weight loss.
Incoming search terms:
- powered by xe trackback iphone
- trackback powered by xe extreme makeover weight loss edition
- powered by xe trackback skin care near me
- powered by xe bedroom trackback
- trackback powered by xe celebrity weight loss surgery gone
- trackback powered by xe insurance company
- trackback powered by xe it works distributors
Filed under: Effective Weight Loss
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!